The splendor of the King, clothed in majesty. Let all the earth ReJoiCe! :)

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

My first entry.

Kingston, Kingston, Kingston. Wow. I can't believe I'm actually in Kingston. Toodling about in Toronto, I thought I was just on a holiday. After all the stress about getting things done like settling housing stuff and getting furniture and all, I finally am here. Have been here a couple of days now...3 days actually. That's pretty short considering I'm about to stay here for another 100 odd days. Who's counting? *shrugs*

You can see my room in the photos (when I can upload them). It's a great room, except that there's no one living in the house with me so it gets kind of creepy. But I've never felt creeped out. Thanks be to God, for keeping my mind sane! Thank you Lord for giving me a sense of peace even in the dark of the night. I remember reading Psalm 23 on the plane flying to Toronto. "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for you are with me;..." I was thinking, "Man! Such assurance! And it's not cos 'I fear no evil, for I keep my eyes focused on you', nor is it 'I fear no evil, for I think about you', but it is clearly 'I fear no evil, for you are with me.'" Ain't that cool?!

Anyway, had orientation today. It's an orientation programme for the NEWTS, or the New Exchange Woohoo Transfer Students. It was okay. There were 2 sections in my group basically, the REAL exchange students and transfer students, plus what they call, the "castle kids". These people were in a REAL castle in the UK studying under Queen's Uni and now they're back at main campus. So those guys are kinda cliqueish. Oh well. They're having some wild party night thing, which I have decided not to go for. Booze. Hanging out. Nah, no thanks. So here I am, tapping on the neighbour's super low wireless account.

I've been shopping around town a bit. I live right next to the main shopping street, so that's cool. :) Guess I'll have to get everyone's presents there. Haha. Lalala. Missing everyone at home. I can't wait for this entire blog to be full of cool experiences here in Queen's, Kingston. Please let me make the most of this dear Lord. Please.

6 Comments:

Blogger AL said...

Another sign of how alike we are... we chose the same blog template ha ha. You need a tag board!! :-) Thinking of you, dearie! Have fun! - Manda 8 Sept 2005

3:22 AM

 
Blogger The Princess said...

i am counting too okie!!! ok dan! stop fighting with me. cos u will win for sure. girl!!! i miss u badly!!!! remember to double check that u lock ur door and close most of the windows okie. if u can, close all. if u r scared of the dark, close ur eyes n count to 10 the moment u off the lights. it won be as dark when u open ur eyes. plus! don go home too late! and! make sure ur hp is always fully charged. buy some biscuits to put at home. dun care abt the clique issue. u will oni be there for awhile. u can survive. sorry for the nagging. haha..i noe u hate that.. haha.. but please hor!!! must eat ar! if u wan to lose weight, wait till u return to singapore. dun suffer there. okok.. enuff..i'll stop.. muacks dearie!!!!

6:29 AM

 
Blogger The Princess said...

forgot one more most important nagging!!!! when u feel u cant take it anymore, take it to the Lord. we can be sure God is always with us. That im sure u would noe better den i do. DONT GO DRINKING or anything.

6:31 AM

 
Blogger chilipino said...

Wah counting down the days eh? Reminds me of when i was about to ORD, started counting from 500, so 106 is nothing man...
See, there are many other avenues to keep in touch, who needs msn =P

9:11 AM

 
Blogger The Princess said...

~ bleah! matt! msn gives u a instant reply! n allows u to send emoticons. this place is becoming a forum page.

8:59 PM

 
Blogger AL said...

That's why she needs a tag board lah!! Anyway guys, thanks be to God that we had 6 people come to Christ yesterday, plus 18 people heard the good news that Jesus SAVES!!!

4:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home