The splendor of the King, clothed in majesty. Let all the earth ReJoiCe! :)

Friday, September 09, 2005

Thank you God.

I was at quite a low point sometime today because I felt absolutely like a loser. There was some sort of a pre-party (with booze and those stuff) happening and I didn't want to go. But I was to meet them there before we set off for a concert. Well, I took a short nap, was all ready to go out, and I did go out. All the way to the pre-party house, and then, I felt totally lost. Everyone was like drinking and making noise, socializing. I couldn't even find my group members. I felt totally out of place, really awkward. Some people were looking at me funny and I was like whoaa...So I just walked off. Walked back home. All by myself.

I turned on my computer and hoped for the best. Wanted to use the Internet to connect to people with email or something. It was like 7.30 in the morning in Singapore and I didn't think anyone would be online. I didn't even know if there would be strong enough wireless Internet for me to tap on. After trying and trying and trying, I finally got on MSN. And Amanda was online! Cool stuff!!! We talked about Street E and how it went and stuff and I felt so achey inside. Man! I wish I could be part of it! Things always seem so exciting when I'm not there. It sure feels like that a lot. But yeah, I just wish I could be there to celebrate the salvations. But trust me, I'm doing that right here, 12 hours behind Singapore time. Truly, thank you God. You knew I needed to talk to Manda. :) You were an encouragement dear. Love ya.

Anyway, moving on to more happening stuff. This morning was pretty enjoyable though. And many of these ideas are really cool for future events (camps, etc!!) The morning started off with coverall painting. What's that? Well, earlier on we had coverall fittings, so we all got our own coveralls. And we just went crazy with paint!! Leaving handprints on each others' coveralls, some people just rolling in the paint. It was great fun!!!

Then we had what was know as the NEWT (see previous entry for what this stands for) Olympics, which was a series of station games, described below:

1. Dodgeball - Not quite dodgeBALL, but dodge sponge, cos there's like 3 groups of people - the trolls, the archers and the fairies. The trolls load up for the archers, meaning they soak up sponges with water and spray shaving cream on for the archers attack the opposing team's archers. Then the archers are the attackers, and the fairies are the ones who block the archers from getting hit. When an archer is hit, they have to go out for 30 seconds and then come back as a fairy. So of course, the last archer standing helps the group to win. :)

2. Twister - This can be reaaaaally fun. I was really bad at it cos I'm kinda inflexible. But basically, it's just Twister with a twist. Play it with a soapy mat and see what you get! (Wow, that rhymes!!) But it's really cool to play Twister and watch everyone slip and fall. Haha...

3. Normal sponge game - Pretty normal because you just stand in one line, pass a sponge down the line, alternatingly over the head and under the legs until the end with a bucket and squeeeeeze all the water out. Last preson run to the front and repeat till the same person reaches the back.

4. 4-legged race - We've probably played this before but it was fun cos the area is really grassy and there's sort of a slight slope and as we skidded across the soapy canvas to give the guy at the end a high five, it was pretty cool. I was really proud of my team cos we had 3 groups of 3 and won all! Ha! And my group in particular was really fast!!! Yay!

5. Balloon Toss - This one was ok. A volunteer from each group stood at one end with a basket on top of his head. Then members of the opposing team were supposed to throw mini balloons into the basket and make them burst over that guy. However, the guy's objective was to retain as many unburst balloons to win. So yeah. It can be cool. :)

6. Orange-tabulous - Don't know why it's called this, but our colour, as NEWTs is orange. So yeah. Anyway, this worked with a little hill. A huge canvas going down the hill, of course with soapy water again. Then we were made to go down the canvas with a balloon to pass to the guy at the end. The catch? The balloon could not be held in the hand. Also, when going down the canvas, more than just the feet had to be in contact with the canvas. You should have seen the way the guys just dived down!! It was really fun to watch. Hehe.

7. Tree game - Don't know the name of this game, but I thought it was pretty interesting. Haha. A member was picked to cling to the tree, and while he/she was up there, the members had to use tape to tape the person to the tree...Round and round and round until the person stays up there without his/her feet on the ground and without any support. First group that makes it wins. Never saw anyone play this game before. :P

So yeah, that was it. Thought I might as well type it out before I forget how it goes. Might be useful to add into our games list. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger The Princess said...

watever it is Eunice, something which i feel i need to reinforce to u :Everything that happens to u has spiritual significance..and romans 8:28-29 says it all. its good dat u felt of place. why? u r not like them. u r not of this world. bear that in mind. with that experience, u also noe wats its like to feel out of place and u will be able to approach the new comers to church better. you are courageous! at least u dared to walk out of that place! u dun haf to sstay there! do not stay in a place where u will fall into temptations! not sure if wat i said was right! correct me if im wrong. dats how ive always learnt from u. yeah.. but tats how i feel..

3:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home