The splendor of the King, clothed in majesty. Let all the earth ReJoiCe! :)

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

What the world needs now, is love sweet love.

I really thank God for bringing people into my life to 'restore my faith in humankind'. Such love. Some of these people include the friends who are closest to me and most important to me, yet some are mere acquaintances. Some, strangers.

Before I carry on, again I must pay tribute to one of the bestest friends anyone can have. We haven't prayed together for such a long time. Today was good. (Yes, aside the lamenting about you-know-whats and being obsessed with things we can't control. And yes, even though I could not study for my Thai oral exam tomorrow!!) But she's the sweetest thing. I don't know anyone else who's as postitive and sweet-natured as her. And she just makes me laugh and laugh and laugh all over again. *Cheesecake anyone?* <-- Inside joke. But yup girl, you know who you are.

Not that the other friends in my life aren't important. Of course you are!!!!!! Just that this entry wasn't really meant to pay tribute to close friends in particular. Why?

Because, more so, this week, I was touched by my lovely Thai teacher! She is simply amazing. She puts her heart and soul into preparing for lessons, not using the same old worksheets from the previous previous previous year. And she goes all out to be a friend, to be applicable, to tolerate our nonsense. Gosh. I love her. And to top it off, as a parting gift, she compiled our group photos into a little booklet that she made, and also wrote little messages (in Thai script of course!!) for us together with the individual shots she took of us! WOW! I was so touched. I really don't know what to say. How sweet is that?!?!?! So tomorrow is Thai oral. I hope I won't disappoint. She'll be one of the examiners! Yikes! Stressed out! So yes, Aacaan Jeab (Teacher Jeab) is certainly a very special person. She is my inspiration as a teacher.

Also, there was this lady boss in the stall selling drinks and stuff who touched my heart with her little act of kindness. My friend had hurt a finger and I was looking for ice to ice the swell. The lady didn't have ice in her stall at all. All except what was in the ice box that contained ice-cream. She scrapped out all the ice into a bag for me. Wow.

Together with these 2 people, I remember the pizza guy who gifted us a free pizza and plenty of road directions when we were hungry and lost in Boston.

If only we were a little more like them. What the world needs now, is love sweet love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home