The splendor of the King, clothed in majesty. Let all the earth ReJoiCe! :)

Thursday, November 10, 2005

First snow!

This morning, Kristin, my housemate was all excited. Our conversation:

"I saw snow, I saw snow!"

I looked out.

"Your eyes are playing tricks on you."

"I saw white stuff falling."

"Rain?"

"There it is again!"

True enough, white stuff was falling from the sky. It was not rain. Rain comes straight down as gravitational forces act on it. But erm. This white stuff, it floats in the air...But, it wasn't quite snow either. It was just bits of ice, like bits of shaved ice from ice-kachang.

BUT! I finally got to see snow in the afternoon! And walked in it. I was probably the only idiot who was smiling my way home cos the snow was quite pretty. None of it accumulated on the ground of course, cos it's not quite time for that. It's only the 10th of November! Gosh! :)
But yes, snow.

Reminds me of Chris Tomlin's - "Indescribable":

Who has told every lightning bolt where it should go
Or seen heavenly storehouses laden with snow
Who imagined the sun and gives source to its light
Yet conceals it to bring us the coolness of night
'
None can fathom
Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name
You are amazing God
All powerful, untameable,
Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim
You are amazing God
You are amazing God

Hahahahahaha...When I read through the verses again, before the chorus, the answers went through my head...It's You, God! It's You! You've seen the heavenly storehouses laden with snow, just waiting to release the flakes and fall all pretty down on Kingston, and of course the other parts of the Earth. Hehe. Oh, when it was the earlier part of fall, I was also singing the other verse of the song, really appreciating the beauty of it all. ("From the colors of fall to the fragrance of spring, every creature unique in the song that it sings!") How can there not be God.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy Koh In ServeHope Pte Ltd said...

I love to play with snow. It's very icey. You become a snowman! Wait a minute, Let's create a snowman for Christmas when you get back. Besides we all have fun after 24th dec

5:45 PM

 
Blogger The Princess said...

WAH! can u bring some snow home for me please! so cool! ive always longed to see snow.

6:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home