The splendor of the King, clothed in majesty. Let all the earth ReJoiCe! :)

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

God, you are fantastic.

So the earlier account on the trip was all narrative and bland. But I forgot to add how wonderful God's presence was to me on the entire trip. How could I forget?

Firstly, the weather was perfect. I count it not luck or I do not believe in luck. Instead, God, thank You that You made the experience perfect for me. It did not rain when we were going around. The weather forecast predicted rain, but you held it so we could see Your falls. :) [I even go the extra mile to thank you for the experience of Krispy Kreme! - We happened to be at a Krispy Kreme outlet while they were making fresh donuts on the conveyor belt. They only do it twice a day. We got there to see it, even got fresh warm donuts! Hehe.]

As we were driving up, the sights were, as usual, beautiful. I love those golden-looking trees and each time I saw those, I had to smile. And imagine that I was in the middle of it, breathing in all the colours of fall. Mmm. Even now, it makes me smile. And then, I was thanking God for the beauty that He's created. How, truly, the sights were breath-taking. Then, a thought went across my mind - surely God has a name for all the shades of colour, more than I know! And surely He knows every single shade and meant it to be that very shade. And He sees more shades of gold and yellow and green and orange and red! Hallelujah.

Then I felt a little tinge of sadness at not being able to see this ever again once I return to Singapore. I wouldn't even be able to visit a place during Fall due to school or when I teach, more school. Ha. And I was thinking to myself that it was kind of sad that such beauty might not exist in Singapore. Yet, then, a little voice said, "Greater the surprise in heaven then!" Haha. I was so amused. Truly, the beauty in heaven would be far greater than on earth. And what greater beauty than the Creator Himself.

The same with the stars we saw while driving up. The entire sky was full of stars. And such a picture cannot be photographed by our limited cameras. Yet, the image remains in my mind. A special image, that God, you made it all and said it is good. It is perfect.

Thank You sweet Lord. That You are God of the universe. That You created the universe. You are the God of the heaven and the earth and the sea. Hallelujah. I praise Your Holy Name. You deserve all the glory and honour.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Princess said...

Eunice...i cant help but thank God for a fren.. a fren like u who never fails to give Him praise wherever you are. Amen! I look up to u so much! i long for that ability of yours to praise God for the very things before my eyes.

10:05 AM

 
Blogger Eunice said...

I try, but I don't do it all the time. I get cranky and mean at times. Ha. Just not with you I guess, so you're lucky :) But God is deserving of our praises all the time, whatever we feel like or don't feel like I guess. And I think you do that! You are the one who reminds me to praise. And I praise God for you. *HuGz*

6:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home