The splendor of the King, clothed in majesty. Let all the earth ReJoiCe! :)

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Red Sox The T New England Aquarium Skyscrapers Friends Fun More = BOSTON :)

I'm home from Boston! :) Yeah! It was an awesome trip! A HUGE thank you to Shariq, firstly, for planning most of it, settling the details and all, and secondly, for being of the safest and most responsible driver ever! But I also must pat myself on the back cos it was my first time navigating (though it's really easy with Google maps...) and I managed to get lost only twice. Eh, I'd think that's pretty good for a first-timer, especially since the journey was sooooo long. But yeah, it's also thanks to God cos many a times He gave me the peace to not get overly anxious when I got lost. :) And Shariq's super watch was super as well. It tells temperature, air pressure, time, and most importantly, what direction we're headed. So anytime we're off track, we just go back on! :)

Ok, so the car rides there and back were definitely an interesting experience. But what was even better was the view the entire way up. It is the beginning of Fall and the leaves were turning colour aaaaaall over the mountain tops and the sides of the roads. So there was green and yellow and orange and gold and red and maroon and...It was a fantastic sight and I kept squealing all the way up cos of God's magnificent handiworks. I was so wanting to jump out to sit amongst the trees and breathe in the colours. It was awesome. (The rocks too, I must add, as a Geographer, were amazing! Geography alive again!)

Pretty pretty pretty stuff. I won't put up the pictures here for there are far too many. Will probably put them up on the photo album later. :) Lala.

The trip was overall a great trip, though there have been hiccups here and there. As a rookie at all this travelling stuff, it was definitely not a trip that would receive the "Best Organized Holiday Award". And this might have led to the unhappiness of some here and there but by the end of the trip, I was too tired to try to please everyone, so heck it. I just tried to enjoy myself. How often do you get to travel anywhere, and even more so, to the States...by car???

So anyways, my highlight of the trip was visiting the New England Aquarium. The underwater dimension is a beautiful place to be and it was just so sparkling with life. The colours were dazzling and well, most of the exhibits were amazing. It's like a mixture of our Underwater World in Singapore and part of the zoo because they had penguins and seals and sea lions and even feeding and training shows at the aquarium!

Of course we got to visit the Must Visits in Boston - Harvard & MIT. It was strange to me, that the universities are tourist attractions but it was pretty cool to think that I have stepped onto the fields of Harvard, taken a picture in front of their graaaaaaaand library and have shared in the air of the scholar-type material. MIT was alright. Some cool buildings, but otherwise pretty straight and boring. The coolest thing about MIT was their HUUUUUUUUUUGE physical fitness building with a HUUUUUUUUUUGE gym and a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE pool complex with many pools. It was WOW.

So other than that, we were touring around the city, breathing in city air. Boston is a rather nice little city. It has somewhat the flavour of a big city like New York because of the skyscrappers and all. Yet, Boston has a small city niceness in the people. I've met so many nice people there, acquaintances, strangers, friends. For example, the first night when we got very lost in the city itself, and really hungry, we dropped by a closing pizza place to get directions and food. They said they had no food, but welcomed in for directions. After giving us loads of directions, one of the guys who worked there - Joe, he simply asked, "You guys need food? What kind of pizza would you like?" We nodded like poor hungry puppies and within 15 minutes, he had a full-sized pizza hot from the oven for us. And he didn't want us to pay. We were so shocked, so blessed. He was simply so sweet. It truly brings back the faith I have in humankind.

That was Boston in a very small nutshell. I didn't get to do a lot in Boston, like whale-watching and whatever museums and what-nots. But I had a fantastic time. It tickles my palate for more travel. Ha. And yeah. It was nice spending time with those I did (especially a new friend - Nu! who's Shariq's friend...she's been awesome :)) So yeah. It was a fabulous way to spend Thanksgiving. Thank you Lord for bringing me back safe and for the opportunity for such a trip. *HuGs*

1 Comments:

Blogger The Princess said...

wow wow wow.. i am so stuck here in singapore despite it being my hols man. lucky you tiao!

9:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home