The splendor of the King, clothed in majesty. Let all the earth ReJoiCe! :)

Monday, September 26, 2005

Homecoming...

No, I am not coming home. Homecoming was very much an eye-opener. For two reasons. Firstly, there was the American Football game that was played, the Golden Gaels (solid name, eh?) from Queen's versus the Ottawa Gee Gees (gee, what a name...)! It was my first time at such a match and it was pretty interesting (after having been explained to) and seemed pretty painful. And there were amazing cheerleaders too!!

But most of all, it was the atmosphere that was amazing. Homecoming is a time when the alumni comes back to visit, so the stadium was packed and although the Golden Gaels didn't do too well in the end, it was the Queen's spirit that was lingering in the air.

What I loved was the Alumni walkthrough. The happiest oldest Alumni was there! Check out the photo! Class of 1930 and 1940 leh!!

I felt pretty blessed to be part of the experience. I felt quite proud of Queen's though it's only going to be school for me for the next 3 months? NUS, having such a long history should have fun stuff like that! The Centennial Celebrations were pretty...Quiet.

Anyway, that was in the morning. At night, there was to be crazy wild partying at the infamous Aberdeen Street. I went!! Not to party, but just to check it out and to take some photographs. I went with the 2 macho guys I know, so they kept me safe. :) My housemate came along and I had the wildest adventure. Whew. Glad it's over. 'Nuff said about it. But a thank you to a dear friend, you know who you are...I owe you one!

But the party was really wild. I've never seen something on such a large scale.

The Kingston police were really excited too. Check out the horses parading the streets that night! They were pretty fierce, nosing people off the streets. Yikes. But pretty horses.


Yeah, so that was the wild party. Had to go look-see look-see. Such a rare sight in Singapore. That certainly was the second eye-opener for me at Homecoming. The students went so wild. *tsktsk* Even a car was overturned (though I didn't quite see that for myself...). The whole Kingston is talking about it now. Everyone's not happy with the student community. Hmmm...Oh wells.

Go check out more photos from Homecoming. Haven't got a complete set of the Aberdeen Street photos yet though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home