The splendor of the King, clothed in majesty. Let all the earth ReJoiCe! :)

Friday, September 16, 2005

Life since school STARTED...

Well, school has finally started!! And my blog entries have started to slow down because life is slightly less exciting because most of the time is school. But hey! guess what! I managed to cook my FIRST dinner during the week! Check out the photo. I was so proud of myself and just so excited. The weird thing you see below the veggies is fish with Italian seasoning and garlic. Yum! Really, yum!! :)

Anyway, school. It's pretty cool to be walking along this nice nice campus, though it still feels a little surreal till now. The weather has been pretty warm, though today the temperature just dropped quite a bit! And you must always take in the WIND factor! It's the thing that makes you shiver...*Brrrr* But I was trying to play hero. I tried walking home with my jacket off. It was alright I guess. Argh! I wonder if I'm putting on some fat to block the cold!! :P

Okay, I just got distracted and went off talking about the weather. Shows you how interesting class is I guess. Not much to talk about. :) Well, the way class works here is pretty different. Most of my lectures are a lot smaller. Besides a night class I have, the largest lecture group is just about a hundred. The others are way smaller, like half that size and there's one that has only 15 people! For a LECTURE! And some of the lectures are a lot more interactive! Like an English lecture I had (ENGL 206 - History of the English Language), people were just raising their hands and giving their opinions. I thought that was way cool! :) I even got to talk! Woohoo! And the prof was asking who would say they have accents other than Canadian...My hand went up! Singaporean accent! Wahaha!! :P

That's English class. It was pretty interesting. All my other geography ones vary greatly. For 2 geog courses, I have lecturers who are kinda old and one talks really fast, the other mumbles! But either way, the content is interesting I guess, learning about lakes and about third world development (different courses lah...). But guess what?!?!??! The field trip that I so wanted to go for has been cancelled! For the lamest reason! Because we don't have a Teaching Assistant! I have made my complaint known to the Geog Department head. Bleah! The reason I took this was for the field trip. You hardly get any cool field trips in Singapore! (My coolest was...Bukit Timah Hill?!)

Anyway, for the other 2, I have rather young lecturers, one of them being pretty cute (in the words of my friend, uh-uh, not me... :P). So that's it. This seems to have been a pretty boring entry. Ha. But I'm going to go to Niagara Falls tomorrow! Will be taking loads of photographs! For my students in the future! Yay! Actual photographs that I can say I took. Geography coming alive. Whooopeee!! :)

3 Comments:

Blogger chilipino said...

wah not bad sia... Your food looks quite promising, especially the veggies...
And whaddya mean about getting fat? *slaps forehead* Better eat properly hor...
So lessons are quite a change from back home at nus eh? Good, think it's good to experience new learning styles and environments, all the better to mould the future of our nation with... =P
Keeping you in prayer =)

9:29 AM

 
Blogger The Princess said...

yah!u noe wat! my aussie lecturer said that in a forum in Singapore, the hardest thing u face is to get everyone to speak n the hardest thing for forum in the western countried is to get everyone to shut up. haha! i guess it is true that the westerners are more outspoken n this is so coool!!!! it is by voicing out that pple learn more. n at least they dare to speak their minds yah? n as for the food...not bad man! i thot it was some yummy food bought outside. im waiting to try it eunice. ahhahaha..

5:21 PM

 
Blogger AL said...

*nods approvingly* Hmmm, such initiative and enthusiasm for geog! The MOE will no doubt approve *LOL*

Um, the fish looks a bit disintegrated but yummy nonetheless :)

8:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home