The splendor of the King, clothed in majesty. Let all the earth ReJoiCe! :)

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Corn Maze!

I've joined this group called Athletes in Action (AIA) and yes, it may not seem like I'm a super duper athlete or it might not even strike you that I AM an athlete but I joined it anyway. This group is based on the firm foundation of Jesus Christ the Cornerstone! Yup, it's a cool concept where Christian athletes come together and have fellowship because there is more to victory in competition because they have achieved Victory in life through Jesus Christ their Lord and Saviour. Cool!

Anyway, they had a social last night. We went to Wolfe Island and got lost in a corn maze! :) I was pretty lost at first (erm, figuratively speaking...) because I had signed up on my own, not knowing anyone. But I met a fantastic group of people who were really sweet and even let me sit in the car with them as we ferried across because it was freeeeeeeeeezing cold outside. Here's a photo we took in the car. Another gal, Ally was in the car too, but it was too squashy to be in the picture. Hee.

So yeah, the corn maze began after a long wait. And we took like an hour to get through? Because we got stuck in what was called 'The Jungle'. But it was really pretty cool! We made it in the end! The photo below I took with one of my maze mates - Virginia. We were also grouped with Michelle! :) Anyway, the scarecrow marks the start of the maze! Scary scarecrow!

The people on the farm were really sweet. They made us bonfires so we could roast marshmallows. And it's not like planned BBQ like in Singapore, with nice satay sticks and a BBQ fire. This was a REAL bonfire! And they found us real sticks that we had to burn at the tip to sterilize and to make sharp so we could poke the marshmallows through! I even got to eat my first smore! And in case you don't know what it is, it's a marshmallow in between 2 graham crackers with a chocolate piece in the centre as well! It was yummylicious! Here's me and a marshmallow I toasted. I was taking so many pictures the guy beside me was laughing. "Hey Dave (he's in the background of the picture...), if you haven't already noticed, I'm from out of town!" But he was really nice. :)


So yeah, the experience was pretty cool and I did enjoy myself. I really thank God that along the way He's brought people who've been really nice and welcoming, making me feel very much at home. I would really not survive here if I didn't. So thank you God! I know that You're the one who's provided for me all this way. Love ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home