The splendor of the King, clothed in majesty. Let all the earth ReJoiCe! :)

Monday, April 17, 2006

Supermarket shopping!

I love supermarket shopping! I went shopping all by myself at Cold Storage today, for my lunches the next few days. Figured it'd save me some money. :) Might be healtheir too.

Ahh, walking through the aisles really made me feel like I was in Kingston, all independent again. Back then, there was a whole lot more variety. Eve and I felt very aunty-like picking up the apples, scanning them for dents and rotten bits and shaking our heads at the bad apples. There were all sorts of apples to choose from. They had proper names, though now all I remember is whether they were the crunchier sort or the softer, smaller sort I loved.

Cereals were awesome! I would just stand there and be in awe. Of course, I loved picking out the good deals, the no-frills cereal which would taste just as good, if not better. There's something about the wheat there. Even the wholewheat bread tastes so much better! And they at least indicate 100% wheat or 60% wheat, out of which of course my selection is the 100% sort. Healthier mah.

Ah. It was just so much of fun. Preparing those little meals. Getting excited about how much you save picking the house brands rather than something else. Taking photos of my creations. Ha. Today was reliving it just a little.

4 Comments:

Blogger voyeur said...

i love supermarket shopping too!!! go with me next time why dont you hehe (: you can pick out the healthy cereal and i'll pick out the unhealthy ones ;p

-t

11:36 AM

 
Blogger The Princess said...

wow...Eunice! although u're having ur exams soon, ur life is mroe happening than mine. seriously. im a 9-7pm office girl now. sleep wake up, work, go home, sleep, work. ahahah! i need someone like u to perk my life up. after ur exams!!!!! cant wait for ur exams to be gamed! and..btw..i love reading ur blog. have been pretty busy this week. so this week won be dropping by often yah.

4:54 AM

 
Blogger Eunice said...

To - t:

Hehe, yeah, I knew that if you were to reply, u'd tell me that. :) And yes. The sweet cereals versus the healthy. But grr. I stand by my point. You never grow fat.

To Sereneeeeee:

I was just thinking that u must have been really busy...Haven't heard fr u or seen u online. Must be really tired huh? But hope u're enjoying your work...Take care k...Before u know it, we'll be able to hang out again. Hehehe...

8:54 AM

 
Blogger The Princess said...

yeh..pretty busy lately.. hehe.. yes! do meet up soon. but u guys study hard yah..weell...at least..u;re not lagging behind ur peers like i am! 2 years leh! very long lor!!!!! i wasted 2 years. 2 years is very important u noe! u can have 2 more babies than me u noe!!!!

4:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home