The splendor of the King, clothed in majesty. Let all the earth ReJoiCe! :)

Sunday, June 18, 2006

It was that simple, huh?

I think it's true. That sometimes we tend to choose to eat ourselves up by holding certain things against ourselves when the Father has already promised to take away stuff that holds us down, such as guilt or things which haven't exactly gone right because Jesus has died on the cross for our sins and is victorious.

After that incident, I realised I had wanted to avoid hearing from God. My spirit wanted to know what God thought about the entire incident. Yet my flesh was afraid of being disciplined. I did not want to know what I had done wrong. I did not want to know what my failings were. I did not want to know that I had failed. I had tried to ignore Him as much as I could.

But you know what? I realised I really couldn't keep away from His presence long. I was just walking around some place alone one day. And started my ramblings to God. Then I mused to myself, "I can't avoid you for long, can I, Lord?" I was still clueless about what I was to get out of it, but I really couldn't stand being kept apart from my Lord.

I believe God's timing is perfect. Because I was not able to dwell on the incident long when I went off again, away from here. And He reminded me so much about excellence and I was able to share my experience fresh from my mind. I never felt condemned by my God even when I was reminded of the event. Instead, it was more a motivation. I had been discouraged. But I am not about to quit like a sissy. God. You hear me. I want to press on. To lead a life of excellence for you and you alone.

And it's as though everything's over and done with. It's that simple. No one's bringing it up again. But I must have a debrief. The comm did a great job. Wonder how they feel about the event as well. I am still learning. Please be patient with me as I learn, Lord. I am but a silly old thing.

And just for remembrance sake. This was how beautiful it looked on that day, just as it was about to rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home