The splendor of the King, clothed in majesty. Let all the earth ReJoiCe! :)

Friday, May 26, 2006

Starry, starry night...

I have never seen the night sky so gorgeous in my part of the world. It truly is a wonderful night. The air crisp. Fresh. Gentle-blowing breeze. I could not stop looking at the sky. The sky was as velvety blue as can be, cloudless, FULL of stars.

It is the first time I've looked up at the sky and have not been able to find Orion's Belt at once because there were so many other stars scattered around that this once stark feature now paled in comparison to the others that surrounded it. The sight was truly awesome.

I stopped walking for a bit, looked into the sky again. As I carried on walking, as slow as I could, I had my eyes fixed on the sky. Even when I stepped into my front gate, I couldn't help but take a few steps back again to look once more at the wonderful sight.

They reminded me of that day. That beautiful day that ironically washes a sense of melancholy over me. At the same time, Lord, as I look up into the sky, I marvel at Your creation. The intricacies Your handiwork, of life. And I know that beautiful days are made, every day.

4 Comments:

Blogger nana said...

Stars!!!! Remember that time during marsiling camp when we started to marvel at the stars and started to ask how God created them.. haha and we ended up concluding that He probably found some stones and threw it into the sky!:)

7:11 AM

 
Blogger Eunice said...

Where got?!?! We so did not conclude that!! :P But wow, you remember eh, dear? Those were indeed precious memories. But I do remember that we were saying how God's probably smiling and saying, these kids...They wonder how I made the stars when it was THAT easy! :D

7:16 AM

 
Blogger The Princess said...

wah...although i dunno what u two are toking abt.. i must talk also lar!

6:37 AM

 
Blogger Eunice said...

Hehehe, one day I explain to u what we were doing lah. We were star-gazing mostly. Next time we 3 go star-gaze together k? :) *HugS*

8:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home