The splendor of the King, clothed in majesty. Let all the earth ReJoiCe! :)

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Recollection.

As the summer break reaches it's midpoint, I suddenly realise that about the same time last year, I was preparing for 4 months away from home, to adventure in a foreign land. I remember that I was unwilling to leave the people who were dear to me, yet at the bottom of my heart, I knew that at the end of it, I would probably be unwilling to leave that foreign land.

I guess I was right.

And the Lord has certainly blessed me right from the start of the trip, from the warmth of having family close by, to the warmth of strangers turned friends, even close friends. From feeling slightly lost in an alien land, to being eager and excited to explore other alien lands like Boston and Chicago. God, You have been amazing. I may not always understand why certain things happened the way they have. I may not have done as much as I could have and made the most of such an opportunity, but I must say that God, You have been good. Lord, You are faithful and I love You from the bottom of my heart.

I am a wee bit melancholic, to recall those memories that are so etched in my mind. Bitter-sweet sort of feeling as usual. My heart skips a beat, thinking of those friends whom I love dearly but whom are not able to be close by me physically. Sometimes I wonder if I'm clinging on to a friendship based on past memories. Yet, I know that that is hardly true. And though we hardly see each other, either virtually or even less so, face to face, I believe that we have a sort of friendship that is quietly present and able to carry on exactly where we leave off. And no matter where they are, they are in my prayers, in my heart.

Ahh. I do miss them so. Kingston, Kingston, I miss you so too!


3 Comments:

Blogger efarmer said...

Abel -- hey, i see you continued blogging. Good on ya. Have a gd holiday. Me still studying for exams in the midst of world cup. And yes i miss Kingston too.. sigh.

9:44 AM

 
Blogger The Princess said...

oh...how i miss those days when eunice was not around too... hahahah! KIDDING

3:19 AM

 
Blogger the lost soul; said...

hey! BERLIN here. still remember me and elmo not? lols. Just dropping by to say hi! and that we miss you and sheena! =) Hope to c u really soon n god bless! =)

p.s. drop by my blog if u have time! http://blinx-therealme.blogspot.com

8:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home