The splendor of the King, clothed in majesty. Let all the earth ReJoiCe! :)

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

You've touched my heart again.

Lord, my main desire is to please You. Why is it that often I struggle with sin and often choose something that I know does not please You? And everytime I fall, I feel separated from You, as though I have failed yet again.

Your promise in John 10:10 - "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." is so heartening, yet why is it that I often don't feel that freedom?

AIA was awesome today. I'm glad I went even though I had just come back from Montreal. The Holy Spirit's presence was so strong during Lindsay's message. She spoke with a Holy Spirit fire because it was obvious that she had been strongly moved by what He had assured her with. And I too have been moved by God through her courage, her obedience to share with us.

Yes. I often fall short of it. But the battle within the recesses of my heart and mind and soul has never been sin vs. God. Instead, it is God in me battling with sin. We no longer have to wake up with a heavy heart, knowing we will again fall into the clutches of sin because God is on our side. Sin is no longer part of our identity. We are dead with Christ but also ALIVE with Him!

Go read Romans 6, 7. We are free. Eternally. Through Christ we have been set free. Feel the freedom. Feel the weight off your shoulders. We were never meant to live under the burden of sin. Christ has set us free! Take a deep breath. Breathe in the goodness of God. Amazing love, how can it be, that You, my King! would die for me! Amazing love, I know it's true. It's my joy to honour You...In all I do, I honour You!

God loves us and that's what it was meant to be. It is not to live a life of condemnation, of guilt, of making yourself feel bound to strict tradition. It is about living life free. And to the full. Abundantly. Forever.

Hallelujah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home