The splendor of the King, clothed in majesty. Let all the earth ReJoiCe! :)

Monday, October 16, 2006

Grr...Historians.

* Disclaimer: I have many Historian-friends and have nothing against them. I think they are very nice people. The following complaints I have have stemmed from a module that I enjoy but feel very very small doing.

Historians are confusing. They analyse the questions so thoroughly yet don't seem to be answering the questions when they study the events.

Historians think a lot. I thought I thought sensitively about issues. I'm wrong. There are no simple answers in History class.

Historians go through events chronologically, systematically. Rather than discuss issues in themes, which I am way more familiar and comfortable with, they discuss the articles step by step, paragraph by paragraph.

Historians make me go totally quiet during tutorials. I know nuts about history, how to talk history. I am a Geographer.

Historians make me feel silly.

Historians make me feel small.

Historians make me feel stranded.

*Sighs*

5 Comments:

Blogger daniel_88 said...

sigh, yes i know.
the thing about historians is that they see something we don't. yes, it can get annoying at some point of time.
but here's the interesting part. was there at any point in your life where you read too much into something? such as quotations? people's comments? the requirements to move on in life? that u somewhat start reading it out of line?
life is full of positives n negatives. its how u want to look @ it, is seeing truely believing it ? do u think that their study into history, are their true colours?...

7:41 AM

 
Blogger Eunice said...

Hey Daniel :)

Wonder if u read replies to comments. But here goes...I have totally nothing against historians. I find what they study well, interesting at times. But I guess when one takes it as a subject that one has to study, in this case, ME, then history isn't that great. Haha.

12:28 AM

 
Blogger voyeur said...

dear, i kinda can imagine how you feel, cos thats how i feel in school too. ALL THE TIME. btu hang in there, just do what you can and what you must, and you'll get by just fine (: *hugs*

otherwise, all's well?

1:41 AM

 
Blogger voyeur said...

oh dear, just thought i'd reply here (: no i didnt take care of dogs per se. but my 'friend' has been dog sitting at his sister's place because she's away so i've been going over quite a bit to play with the dogs. i officially am no longer afraid of doggies!!! except yours because he actually eats other live animals ;p hehe.

i've got news. nothing too concrete, but news nonetheless (:

8:34 AM

 
Blogger chilipino said...

Hmm this historian friend wonders what module you're referring to - and i feel the same way about geog (and soci and econs and poli sci and psych and the list goes on) so no worries ;p

9:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home